If your client already has a mortgage with us it’s easy to transfer them to a new deal if their current Santander mortgage deal is coming to an end, they’re on our Standard Variable Rate or have a mortgage product without an early repayment charge.
If your client transfers to another deal with us, they benefit from:
- no valuation fees
- no legal fees
- no credit search
- no change to their Direct Debit
Online Mortgage Transfer Service
You can transfer your client’s existing mortgage online through Introducer Internet. All you need to do is have your client’s permission to use our Online Mortgage Transfer Service and provide them with an advised level of service.
Our Online Mortgage Transfer Service lets you:
- identify which loans are eligible to transfer
- immediately compare all the mortgage deals available to your client.
- submit your client’s transfer request online.
We’ll keep you up to date with the progress of the transfer by email as well as keeping your client informed by email and/or text message.
We don’t pay a procuration fee for this business, however, you will have the option to charge your client a fee.
You can use our online service if your client’s mortgage has:
- at least one loan part within four months of their existing deal end date, or
- at least one loan part on either the Santander or Alliance & Leicester Standard Variable Rate
- a product with no early repayment charge
- no more than five loan parts (no more than one for Alliance & Leicester)
- more than five years and six months remaining and more than £6,500 on all loan parts.
You won’t be able to transfer your client to a new deal online if:
- they want to make changes to their mortgage term, repayment method or loan amount
- their property is currently let
- they have a Flexible Offset Mortgage
- the interest only balance on their mortgage is equal to or more than 50% LTV (according to our property valuation).
If your client isn’t eligible for our Online Mortgage Transfer Service then your dedicated sales contact can provide you with details of indicative mortgage rates available to your client on that day, as long as you have their authority to discuss this. We’ll always provide details of all the products available to your client when you call.
If your client requires specific information regarding their mortgage account, or if they wish to proceed with a new deal over the phone, we will need to speak directly to them. Please advise them to call 0800 092 3881. This is a customer only line.
Online Mortgage Transfer Service support
For more information click on the links below:
Online Mortgage Transfer Overview
Online Mortgage Transfer Service user guide
Online Mortgage Transfer Service FAQs