Brexit and Santander UK plc
- On 31 January 2020, the UK left the European Union.
- We’d like to reassure you and your clients that Santander UK is a long-established UK bank, part of a major global group and we remain committed to you and your clients and to the United Kingdom.
- As a UK bank we’re subject to the requirements of the UK regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Santander UK is a major investor in this country and the UK’s departure from the EU doesn’t change our position.
- We remain focused on our purpose – to help people and businesses prosper – and are committed to our customers, our employees and our business. Like any prudent organisation, we’ve been undertaking contingency planning and we’re well positioned to continue to help people and businesses prosper in the weeks and months ahead.
- We have no plans to make changes to our mortgages for UK residents, but if we do need to make any changes in the coming months, we’ll provide you with as much notice as possible.