Specialist support to help you
We’re committed to supporting the new build market and helping your clients buy their new build home.
We understand you’re often up against challenging timescales when it comes to new build. That’s why we have a dedicated team of New Build Specialists to help keep your cases moving.
How our New Build Team can help
Our New Build Specialists will work closely with you to ensure your cases complete on time. They’ll:
- manage pipeline cases that can’t be dealt with through your usual dedicated sales contact,
- escalate and take ownership of any urgent cases, and
- deal with any complex new business enquiries.
For all general new business enquiries please continue to speak to your dedicated contact.
How to contact the New Build Team
Telephone 0800 085 1329
We define new build as any of the following:
- Property build/converted within the last 12 months based on the date of the completion certificate.
Additionally, where the build or conversion was completed more than 12 months ago, new build policy applies where the property:
- has not been previously occupied (for converted properties that means since the conversion was completed); or
- is being sold/marketed by the builder or developer and has not been occupied as a residential property*; or
- has not been previously used for residential purposes e.g. within a development that was once used for commercial or other use.
* Properties where the builder/developer purchased from an owner under part exchange offer and is now selling are not new builds. We cannot accept these where sold with sales incentives.
New build LTVs
|Residential||Buy to Let||Help to Buy: equity loan|
(75% mortgage + 20% equity loan)
New build warranty
We'll accept a new build property if it is built under:
- an approved Building Standards Indemnity Scheme; or
- the supervision of a suitably qualified professional consultant who has professional indemnity insurance cover.
View details of our new build warranty scheme requirements contained in the CML Handbook.
Our standard mortgage offers are valid for six months from date of issue or up to the product completion deadline, whichever comes first.
We'll consider an offer extension subject to the following:
- Any necessary supporting documentation is updated and resubmitted.
- We're notified of any change in circumstances.
- The case is re-decisioned and is still acceptable to us in line with our current mortgage lending policy.
- A new credit search and affordability assessment.
- A new product will need to be selected if completion deadline has expired.
- An updated property valuation.
Our latest new build products
Our mortgage range for new builds has extended nine month completion deadlines.Find out more
Help to Buy: equity loan scheme
Find out more information about our key criteria and evidence requirements.Find out more
Stamp Duty Land Tax calculator
Use the HM Revenue & Customs calculator to work out the stamp duty amount your client needs to pay.Find out more