If your client is looking for a new residential or Buy to Let (BTL) mortgage deal with us, it’s quick and easy to transfer their existing Santander mortgage using our online mortgage transfer service. All you need to do is have your client’s permission to log on using their personal details and provide them with an advised level of service.
If your clients have any queries about their product transfer, it’s important that they speak to you directly rather than call Santander.
Benefits for you
- Procuration fee paid on residential and Buy to Let product transfers
- No further income or affordability assessments
- Case tracking updates by email at each key stage – to you and your client
- Dedicated support to help with your queries.
Benefits for your client
- No affordability or income checks;
- No legal or valuation fees to pay; and
- No new Direct Debits to set up.
Our residential and BTL eligibility criteria are below.
Which mortgage accounts are eligible?
All loan parts on the mortgage are:
Which mortgage accounts are NOT eligible?
|£1,500 or more; and||Any loan part less than £1,500|
|Within four months of product maturity; or||Any loan part with a term less than 5 years and 6 months|
|On a product with no ERC (excluding Flexible Offset); or||Flexible Offset mortgages|
|Already on either Santander's Follow-on Rate or Santander's Standard Variable Rate.||
Residential mortgages with an interest only balance over 50% LTV (based on Santander's valuation).
Please note: Buy to Let is not impacted by this rule.
Alliance & Leicester mortgages
However if your client:
- also wants to make a change to their mortgage term, method of repayment or loan amount they need to call us directly on 0800 092 3881 so this change can be made either before the transfer request is submitted, or after the transfer is completed; or
- has already started the process of moving home or is thinking about moving home in the next six months, they're not eligible for a product transfer. Please view our moving home page.
If your client isn’t eligible for our online mortgage transfer service then your dedicated contact can provide you with details of indicative mortgage rates available on that day, as long as you have their authority to discuss this. We’ll always provide details of all the products available to your client when you call.
- Product transfer user guide (1MB)
- Product transfer FAQs (41kB)
- Helping your client accept their product transfer (905kB)
How to contact the Retention Support Specialists
Telephone: 0800 032 7865
Mon, Wed, Fri 9.30am to 5.00pm
Tue, Thu 9.00am to 5.00pm