All Shared Ownership customers can access our standard new business range (excluding Help to Buy).
- Shared Ownership rent must be included as a non-regular expenditure item in our affordability calculator to help us give a more accurate indication of how much your client could borrow.
- Minimum 10% deposit needed, so a maximum 90% LTV of borrower’s share of the property.
- We only accept scheme providers registered with:
- the Homes & Communities Agency (in England),
- the Welsh Assembly,
- Communities for Scotland,
- the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE), or
- Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association (NICHA).
- Until the property is owned 100% by the borrower, additional lending is only available for staircasing and/or buying out another party’s interest.
- Additional loans for other purposes, e.g. home improvement or personal expenditure, will not be available until 100% of the property is owned.
|Minimum acceptable initial percentage ownership|
|England, Scotland and Wales||25%|
- Cannot be combined with any other form of housing scheme.
- Must be able to staircase (i.e. purchase further shares) to 100% ownership. Minimum tranches can be specified, but they must be no greater than 25%.
- No minimum for final staircasing.
For more information refer to our guide on affordable housing schemes aimed at our panel solicitors and licensed conveyancers.