All Shared Ownership customers can access our standard new business range (excluding Help to Buy).
- Shared Ownership rent must be included as a non-regular expenditure item in our affordability calculator to help us give a more accurate indication of how much your client could borrow.
- The maximum LTV for standard shared ownership applications is 90%. This may be subject to property-related LTV restrictions (e.g. new build properties where the LTV is restricted to 85% for houses and 80% for flats).
- We only accept scheme providers registered with:
- the Homes & Communities Agency (in England),
- the Welsh Assembly,
- Scottish Housing Regulator,
- the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE), or
- Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association (NICHA).
- Until the property is owned 100% by the borrower, additional lending is only available for staircasing.
- Additional loans for other purposes, e.g. home improvement or personal expenditure, will not be available until 100% of the property is owned.
|Minimum acceptable initial percentage ownership|
|England, Scotland and Wales||25%|
- Cannot be combined with any other form of housing scheme.
- Must be able to staircase (i.e. purchase further shares) to 100% ownership.
- Within a Shared Ownership lease/agreement:
- a minimum tranche condition may be applied. If this condition is part of your client's lease/agreement, this minimum tranche must not be greater than 25%
- there must be no minimum for final staircasing.
For more information refer to our guide on affordable housing schemes aimed at our panel solicitors and licensed conveyancers.